All students are enrolled in and charged for the Xavier University Student Health Insurance Plan unless a waiver is submitted and approved. Students holding comparable coverage may be eligible to waive enrollment in the Student Health Insurance Plan.
To be eligible for a waiver of enrollment in the Xavier University Student Health Insurance Plan, the University requires that students provide evidence of other comparable health coverage. Please be advised that the waiver request will be reviewed and verified active with the insurance carrier. Notification of acceptance or rejection of this request will be sent to your email within seven business days.
Waiver requests MUST be submitted no later than September 13, 2019, to be considered.
If you want to waive enrollment from the Xavier University Student Health Plan, please acquire an electronic copy of the front and back of your insurance ID card and then select the link below to submit your waiver request. Once you login, select the “WAIVE” button from the "I Already Have Insurance" section.
DOMESTIC STUDENTS: Click Here to Waive or Enroll
A. Criteria to submit a waiver request:
- Student is sponsored by the government of the student’s home country and is provided through a Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) compliant plan. If a non-PPACA compliant plan, the sponsoring entity must guarantee payment of all health expenses in writing.
- Student is enrolled in a US employer-provided group health plan that is PPACA compliant.
- If the health plans above do not include medical evacuation and repatriation, a rider must be purchased providing this coverage.
B. The alternative coverage must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Provide the Essential Minimum Benefits required by the PPACA with no annual limits. A list of the Essential Minimum Benefits can be found here: https://www.healthcare.gov/glossary/essential-health-benefits/.
- Policies annual Deductible of no more than U.S. $500.
- Contain no exclusions for pre-existing conditions.
- Covers 100% of Preventive Care as defined by the PPACA. A list of these preventive services can be found here: https://www.healthcare.gov/coverage/preventive-care-benefits/.
- Medical evacuation coverage amount is no less than $50,000.
- Repatriation coverage amount is no less than $25,000.
- Dates of coverage meet or exceed the requirement for the school semester.
C. If your alternate coverage meets the above minimum requirements, submit electronic copies of the following documents with your online waiver request:
- A scanned copy of the front and back of your health insurance ID card indicating the
- A scanned copy of your complete policy, including coverage amounts, exclusions, and limitations in English using US dollars.
- A scanned copy of your medical evacuation and repatriation coverage (if you have this coverage).
NOTE: Travel plans or plans that require you to pay for treatment yourself and then apply for reimbursement will NOT be accepted by the University for waiver approval.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: Click Here to Waive or Enroll